Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Perfect Blendship

There's a song that goes "Friendship, friendship...such a perfect blend-ship;
When other friendships' are done forgot? Ours will still be hot"...hot as in cookin', okay?

Lyrics continue..."If you're ever in a jam, here I am. If you're ever up a tree, call on me."

And so it goes...in other words, friendship is wonderful...reliability no matter what...hmmm!

I'm sure you've jumped to aid a friend more than once. Your friends have rescued you, right? Of course they have and you've done the same for them...numerous times and no one keeps score. Friends do that...and it warms your bod from head to toe. 'Cause you feel very loved; friends are like that.

Have you ever in your life let a good friend down? Be truthful now...I have and I've never been able to forget it...it's stuck in my heart like a thorn. Why in the world did I do it? I was very selfish and just didn't want to put myself out...now that is worse than awful of me!


The other instance is one where a very wonderful, longtime friend decided she no longer wanted me as a friend because a problem developed in her life; and I didn't have the same one! Confession is good for the soul? Yep, but it hurts...most painful. What I should've done, what I could've done...I didn't. Time passes quickly and the opportunities are gone but believe me when I write that they taught me a valuable lesson. Pride/stubbornness...whatever tag you put on it...shouldn't be in my heart, not at all...ever. I let it muddle my thinking and I believe I enjoyed being 'a martyr'...that's an ouch deluxe!!!


Have you ever done anything like that...surely not? However...I rather imagine I'm not the Lone Ranger here.

Growing up, I hadn't many friends. It's difficult making friends when you're moving sometimes every few weeks, months...tad easier when you're in a place at least one year. I moved 58 times from little baby until finally settling down. My dad was in the oil business (roughnecking on up) and that meant moving where the rigs were drilling. Bit of history here...he helped drill the wells on the grounds of the Oklahoma state capitol. Oh wow, I have felt soooo sorry for poor little me too many times...no wonder I didn't have many friends. I was a sad sack.

Well, that was then...this is now when I can honestly say to my friends: 'You are my friend and you are very cherished. I will never intentionally hurt or disappoint you; I will do all I can to keep our friendship on an even keel'.

From an unknown source here's a quote to think about: "Some people carry their hearts in their hands; very many carry their heads in their hearts. The difficulty is to keep them apart, and yet both actually work together".

You know, I've always had tender feelings and at times been hurt. I can wear my heart on my sleeve, be hurt and shed tears...I can wipe the tears away but you know, it takes more effort to erase the hurt from my heart...practicing, practicing to stay 'balanced and unafraid'.

No comments: