Tuesday, March 29, 2011

TICK-TOCK...

"Life is like a taxi. The meter just keeps a-ticking whether you are getting somewhere or just standing still"...Lou Erickson. Life is rapidly changing...look at the world. Like a domino line-up...falling, falling, falling; yes, much seems to change with time.


Adrienne Clarkson wrote, "Sometimes we read or hear too much that makes us fearful or suspicious of others. We can forget that most of the people that we know, or at least encounter regularly are decent and friendly".


At times, I don't want to hear another word about all the bad stuff that's going on all over the world...from our front door to the most distant land. It's stressful and it's frightening...but I need to think about that Clarkson quote...and remember most of the people I meet really are decent people...honest and good.


I must think about...I must take personally what I read in Matthew 5:14ff: "You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We're going public with this, as public as a city set on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don't think I'm going to hide you under a bushel, do you? I'm putting yu on a light stand. Now that I've put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand ~~ shine! Keep open-house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you'll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven"...the Message.


Okay, I'm doing my best to be a light-bearer...I'm open to others (like living in a glass-house)...wide open. No hiding, no secrets. I'm finished with secrets; you might think I'm too open but that's me...that's the way I am, what you see is what you get, 24/7.


A light-bearer and by the way...since I'm not hiding under a bucket? I use the bucket to carry His living water. Way to go, yes? And if you agree...nod twice.


Balanced and Unafraid...

No comments: