Sunday, May 30, 2010

Let Me Open the Door

M has always opened doors for me...his mom and dad taught him to be 'a gentleman' and he is...in a multitude of ways! I love the way he 'handles' me...very comforting, very protective and I adore him for it.

He's much like God in that way...we've learned God opens doors in a most amazing way...does He ever!

Like? Last night and this morning and....! It's no surprise that I'm not sleeping well...first place, I have Fibromyalgia which robs me of much sleep. Secondly, my mind is racing like the Indy 500. I was in bed last night before 11 but gave it up and back to our computer. I pulled up the amyloidosis website and checked out a couple of patient testimonials/experiences and stumbled back into one I'd previously read but it just didn't register at that time.

It was from a lady in Coppell whose husband was stricken w/Amy and diagnosed a year later. After a succession of doctors they were referred to none other than M's doctors...how good is that? They made the decision their best care would be right in Dallas at the Baylor complex. Good decision.

I e-mailed her wee hours of the morning; she had me an answer by the time we were home from morning worship. I had prayed many prayers in hopes that he was alive but sadly, he died in May 2009. He was stricken in 2001 so he made it eight years. Of course, he was the age of our sons.

She wrote, "Excellent doctors, the power of prayer, a positive attitude and an early diagnoses were the keys to David's rapid progress and healing." Oct 2002.

In August 2005 they celebrated 3 years since the stem cell transplant and he was doing great. Amy returned but w/treatment went in remission.

We have no idea what lies ahead for us...this is a wait-learn deal. But God is in this with us...in fact, HE is leading the way.

Here's the lesson...God delivered a message, "Here, let me open the door for you."

Guess what? He's gentle...is He gentle. But, HE's into positive action and before we can pass through? He's ahead about three or more doors...and they're all open.

Thank you, Father...oh how we thank you.

Balanced and Unafraid...

No comments: