Thursday, February 24, 2011

SOMEONE LIKE YOU...SOMEONE LIKE ME...

Well, here we are at the end of yet another month...and...what in the world is going on? A biggie is that the entire world seems to be in a state of upheaval. Our country is by no means immune...all you need to do is watch/read the news. Are you having anxiety pangs yet...stressed to your max?

I like Dr. Seuss; he's practical and makes good points, such as..."Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.". I'm thinking it's up to me to do what I can, do my best to help things get better. What I do may seem insignificant...still, I try. Little things like writing letters to the White House...okay, they're probably never read/looked at...after all, that's a busy place. Still? I do it.

I care an 'awful lot' about what's going on in my corner of the world, don't you? Life doesn't always go the way I think it's supposed to...but...ah, that's life.

All of us have different ideas, different ways. Friedrich Nietzche summed it this way..."As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." In the physical world that may be true.

It's commonplace to hear 'it's either my way or the highway'; that phrase is used in many ways...politics, religions, marriages, offices, meetings, playgrounds...you name it and that phrase pops up. Rather like spoiled children, don't you think? In unions...walkout...strike. politics? Elected officials walking out...even churches divide over what is the right way, the only way...my way.

Changing one small word, here it is in my nutshell..."Unless someone like me cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." Dr. Seuss wrote for children...and the greatest of all, Jesus, taught we should be like children...right?

Someone like you...Someone like me...we need to care a whole awful lot.
Balanced and Unafraid...




No comments: