Friday, February 11, 2011

WORK IN PROGRESS...

Life goes along very smoothly, at times; then again it's full of bumps, causing great distress. Time passes so quickly...unless I'm waiting for something. My life, my time...and what in the world have I done with it...what in the world am I doing with it...what in the world am I going to do with it? Good question...do you ever think about your life...your time?

I waste an inordinate amount of time, mainly on the computer; but at the same time, I'm learning so much. I think I was rather stagnant for too long and now I'm thirsty to listen, read and sort things out.

Today is Michael's birthday; he and I are reflecting on our lives together...what we've done with our time and the opportunities that have come our way. I've reflected on the impact he's had on my life, on my time. He has a wonderful mind...a spiritual thinker...a man of God. Hey, Michael was an Archangel of God, right? M's mother chose a good name for her firstborn.

This morning I told him that until several years ago, I was light years behind him in spiritual maturity...but I feel that I've caught up and walking beside him. He laughed and said he thinks I may be ahead of him...that's complimentary but I doubt it's true.

"Keep your mind open to change at all times. Welcome it. Court it. It is only by examining and re-examining your opinions and ideas that you can progress."...Dale Carnegie

Our minds are open...we read from more than one translation of the Bible...we read books from many different authors (even some not on the 'approved' list). We examine their writings...we re-examine everything we read...so we can progress.

This openness has assisted us in working in foreign countries; in 'foreign' states in our own country. We spent seven years in 'the Holy Land' of Wisconsin...a German farming community of Roman Catholics...we were foreigners. Two years in Germany? Two years in China? Living water and shining His light kept up on an even keel...and He was well received.

Albert Schweitzer said, "Impart as much as you can of your spiritual being to those who are on the road with you, and accept as something precious what comes back to you from them."

Being open...Imparting...Accepting! Good plan, what do you think?

Balanced and Unafraid...




















No comments: